SLO Committee Meeting
Oct. 25, 2005 3:00 pm
Present: Cook, Feldman, Flynn, Kolpas, Lewis, Mecom, Moore, Spicer, Swinton
1. Scot suggested that College Services look at a publication called "They Said It Couldn’t Be Done" which was written by a statewide taskforce on Student Services accountability.
2. Wine and Cheese will be moved to early Spring; primary trait analysis and assessment rubric for the wine and cheese will be part of the activity; Kathy to contact Ann Ransford regarding funding; Andrew to identify the various qualities of cheese.
3. For the upcoming SLO workshops on campus, we will try to get our own in-house experts to present. For example, someone in the Math Division could do a presentation on how to make rubrics.
4. The Flex activity for the online Bakersfield tutorial will be advertised Nov. 1 after an announcement is made at the President’s November faculty meeting.
5. College Services units and Instructional programs will begin documenting their SLOs and assessments on charts that will be posted on-line. This documentation will encourage faculty and staff to contribute more SLO’s in order to continue "filling out" the charts until they are fully representational of the entire campus.
6. Next meeting will be Tuesday, November 29 in AD 249.