Oct. 4, 2005 3:00 pm
Present: Capka, Cook, Feldman, Flynn, Karpp, Kolpas, Lewis, Matsumoto, Mecom, Parks, Spicer
1. Review and discussion of the "Assessment Worth Doing Leadership Institute" and the Plan for Implementing Campus-wide Course and Program Assessment Flow Chart
2. A "SLO" Wine and Cheese Event will be planned for this fall. The goal is to create a fun and light-hearted social event with interactive SLO activities for faculty and staff that will motivate attendance at future workshops. It will be planned for a Friday afternoon.
3. Discussion of how soon and to what extent SLO’s should be incorporated into Program Review
4. Alice will locate the "assessment inventory" and timeline created in 04-05
5. Discussion of aligning the Senate’s Core Competencies Task Force with the SLO Committee, as well as implementing SLO’s on the Institutional Level
6. The on-line SLO tutorial at http://online.bakersfieldcollege.edu/courseassessment/ could be used as a flex activity. Alice will discuss this idea with Steve White and Lynn McMurray.
7. Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 25. in the Governance Office AD 249
Adjourned 4:00 pm