Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government


We provide everything you need to get the education you need for your future career.

Would you like to


This career or that career

GAIN rules have changed and you may now be allowed to change your GAIN vocational goal.

If you wanted to study one subject in school, but the GAIN Assessor told you you could not, you may now have the chance to change your GCC major to something you like more.

But you only have a short time to change your vocational goal.

If you want to study something different than what you are now studying, or if you want a job that is different than the one GAIN allowed you to pursue, please come to our office and make an appointment to see your GCC CalWORKs Case Manager as soon as possible. We can fill out a form for your GAIN Worker that will start the process for changing your GAIN Vocational goal.

If you have any questions, please telephone one of our CalWORKs Offices:

Main Campus CalWORKs - 818-240-1000, extension 5508

Garfield Campus CalWORKs - 818-240-1000, extension 5681

 change goal hi res


  CalWORKs staff 2


If you are a CalWORKs student, we are here to help you find your way in school, in GAIN, and in a life and career beyond welfare. 

If you are a GAIN or REP Worker, we are here provide your participants with the training they need to be in compliance with GAIN and to move towards self-sufficiency. 

If you are member of the GCC faculty, we are here to facilitate the services that will help your CalWORKs students complete your classes successfully. 


Click here to LIKE us on Facebook!



Last updated: 2/7/2013 3:14:27 PM