Account Clerk I
The program prepares student for entry-level account clerk or bookkeeping positions.
This series of courses allows students to review basic math, study the full cycle of accounting and financial statements, use QuickBooks and Peachtree, develop written and verbal communication skills, file alphabetically and numerically, and use Excel spreadsheets.
In addition, students attain skill development in keyboarding through speed drills. Students also learn strategies for creating a resume and preparing for a job interview. This program provides the foundation for preparing students for Account Clerk II.
The core requirements include nine courses. There are no electives. Students must satisfactorily complete all nine courses to be awarded a certificate of completion. Students completing this program will be well prepared to enter a college level accounting course.
Enroll in these courses first and attend when not in other courses:
- OBT 021 Business Math and Calculators
- OBT 011 Beginning Keyboarding
Take at any time in this order:
- OBT 070 Introduction to Computers
- OBT 080 Windows
Take at any time, in any order:
- OBT 032 Business Writing: Memos
- OBT 034 Filing Fundamentals
After completing Business Math, take:
- OBT 090 Beginning MS Excel
- OBT 022 Beginning Account Clerk
- Final course OBT 040 21st Century Employment Strategies